Saturday 15 March 2014

On the street where I live...


On the street where I live,

Mr X goes to meet Mrs Y

Under the hood of the night...

On the street where I live

I hear a sharp cry

In the middle of the night

And I know they have been fighting again;

Another soul silently victim of violence

Another being stuck in a caged cell..

On the street where I live, I smell pain

And shrink in front of the eyes of vengeance

For night time unleashes Hell;

When Mr X decides to fool his family

When Mrs X lights up a fire

When Mr Y drowns himself in liquor

When a Youth attempts a muffled burglary

When the Prostitute silently exhibits her attire

And a small dispute turns sour..

On the street where I live,

There are bitter hearts and hopeless nights

There are doomed kisses and unseen tears...

On the street where I live

There are nightmares that linger in daylight

There are dark secrets and hovering fears...

No comments:

Post a Comment